Top Ten Reasons Why You Should Support Orchestra Miami
10. How about 10,000? As a Cultural Passport partner, Orchestra Miami brought 10,000 Miami Dade County Public Schools 2nd graders to Miami Dade County Auditorium to hear the Carnival of the Animals and Respighi’s The Birds. For most of these children, it was their first exposure to classical music.
9. Orchestra Miami brings you innovative programming with top-quality soloists. “Rinaldi clearly has a penchant for offering interesting thematic programming and promising soloists.” Lawrence Budmen, The Miami Herald
8. Our musicians are some of the most seasoned professionals in all of South Florida, many of whom were members of the former Florida Philharmonic Orchestra. “Orchestra Miami's showing was undeniably impressive. Composed largely of former Florida Philharmonic members, the orchestra's playing was consistently energized, polished and responsive to Rinaldi over the 2 ½-hour program, showing some of the fire and excitement of the Philharmonic on its best nights.” Lawrence Johnson, The Miami Herald
7. Hands-on, in-school experiences to teach elementary school children about music and how it relates to the rest of their world. Over the past two years, Orchestra Miami has brought “Red Dogs and Pink Skies: a Musical Exploration of Paul Gauguin” and “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” and “Little Red Riding Hood” to area elementary schools to introduce students to music, instruments, color, history, art, language and sound.
6. Intimate concerts with our outstanding musicians. Every year, Orchestra Miami presents an evening of chamber music to highlight the talents of our gifted musicians.
5. Free Concerts for Families- “Tough Turkey in the Big City”, “Goldilocks and the Three Bears” and “Little Red Riding Hood” are some of the fun concerts brought to various neighborhoods to introduce your kids to quality classical music.
4. Blockbuster Events- Orchestra Miami presented the ONLY South Florida performance of the 75th Anniversary Tour of the Gershwins’ Porgy and Bess. “Rinaldi showed real affinity for Gershwin’s bluesy brand of Americana and drew supple playing from the hard-working orchestra, whipping up quite an instrumental storm in the hurricane scene.” Lawrence Budmen, The South Florida Classical Review
3. Operatic Showstoppers- The Ricordi Opera Gala, to celebrate the bicentennial of the most important publisher of Italian Opera in history, was just a preview of what’s to come with Opera Orchestra Miami. “The Ricordi Gala which, Orchestra Miami organized as the inaugural night of the new season, was a total success. One has to admit the success of a new orchestra of quality for our city; many of these musicians were members of the prestigious Florida Philharmonic Orchestra.” Daniel Fernandez, El Nuevo Herald (translation)
2. More Free Concerts! Orchestra Miami is the only professional orchestra to present free, full symphonic outdoor concerts in two locations in Miami Dade County. What a beautiful way to enjoy all that is wonderful about Miami!
1. We Make Miami More Musical! Help us to continue to bring quality, fully-professional concerts to your neighborhoods- contribute today!
Thank you for making a difference !
SUPPORT YOUR HOME TOWN ORCHESTRA
all just a click away . . .